Continuum

Continuum the series
« Back to forum list

Recent Posts by taltos

Season 2 Confirmed (+ UK, US Announcements)

7 Like This

Announced at FanExpo & here: 'Continuum' Renewed For Second Season

Was there ever any doubt? : D

ETA: Showcase's Season 2 Announcement

ETA2: UK pick-up
US pick-up

+2

Now the waiting game begins for season 2! But it's worth the wait

+2

That's why there's disclaimers about violence, coarse language, nudity, and sexual content. Don't like it? Don't watch it. Me, I was disappointed to not see some Carlos bum in that shower fight. ROFL There's a thought for Season 2... ;)

+1

That's what Continuum was missing - swear words from the future! Did the corporations outlaw swearing too? Where are the swear words from 2077?!!! ;)

Replies (1)

+1

That is funny how you never really notice that and I suppose it just goes to prove you don;t need them to make a great show.
      ---therono

+2

If SyFy gives a "no" on any real profanity, they could always copy Battlestar Galactica's model. Frak!

+4

Great news but hope that the show doesn't make any concessions to make its buyers happy. Does SyFy allow the occasional swear word? ;)

Replies (1)

+1

I second your comment about the 'no concessions" ideal. I think nothing kills a show quicker than execs who come in with all kinds of stats to win their points for changes they feel should be made, only to result in instantly driving the fans away who supported the show in the first place.
      Simon--hold fast and true to your ideas. that's why we are watching : )
      ---therono

+4

I was skeptical about the Deadline.com announcement until Simon Barry himself tweeted the link.

+5

this is great news for Canada and others but best of all for us...I love this show....good shows don't come along often

+3

That’s good news! Living in Canada, I’ve never watched the American SciFy channel (other than when I was in the States for a holiday, and they were broadcasting Josh Whedon’s “Serenity,” which is pretty good), but I’ve been reading reviews and seeing clips since it first aired.

But I have seen reruns on Canadian channels (primarily Space) of shows, made-for-tv movies, and documentaries, and they have ranged from quite good and interesting, to not bad, to really, REALLY terrible.

But one thing to keep in mind for fans of continuum, that the show being broadcast in the United States increases the show’s exposure to legions of new fans, which will hopefully turn into increased advertising revenue for the show, which will hopefully lead to a budget for Season 2 that can continue to afford great producers and writers, talented actors, and excellent special effects (and perhaps some more cool swag for players of ARG 2.0).

Replies (1)

+2

Part of my beef with some of the not-good SciFy rerun movies is my military background – I may be OK watching a foreign-made movie made for SciFy, with terrible acting, weak story, and cheap-looking CGI monsters, but if the “US National Guard” rolls into town to the rescue, riding on Warsaw Pact BTR-60s, that just blows it for me.

+1

I just hope that SyFy will not interfere into screenplay development, anyway, since Friday "SyFy" SF day became Friday "Wrestling" SyFy day (sort of SF though :) ), I don't have anymore any good feelings about this channel.

+3

Deadline has announced that Syfy US is finalizing a deal to air Continuum:
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/syfy-to-acquire-canadian-sci-fi-drama-continuum/